Cinco de Mayo, Seis de Mayo, Siete de Mayo… why not Grilled Shrimp Tacos every day? With a delicious spicy flavor achieved through an easy marinade paired with a simple creamy slaw, we wouldn’t mind eating these a few times a week!
- 1 ½ lbs. of peeled, deveined large shrimp
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 limes, juiced and grated
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped oregano
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 8 6” corn or flour tortillas
- Salsa, avocado or more cilantro to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, chili powder, salt, cayenne pepper, juice and gratings of one lime. Toss in shrimp and stir to coat them well. Place the shrimp on skewers to prepare for the grill – just remember to soak your skewers if you’re using wood!
- In a food processor, blend the cilantro, oregano, garlic and juice of the second lime until smooth, then blend in the yogurt last. In a separate bowl, combine this sauce with the green cabbage to make the slaw.
- On a medium-high grill, cook the shrimp about 3-4 minutes per side. Grill the tortillas about 30 seconds per side.
- To serve, place a scoop of the slaw to the tortilla, pile on some shrimp and add salsa, avocado or even more cilantro to taste.