It doesn’t get more super than this! Watch the game with a big ol’ Grilled Shrimp Po’ Boy in hand. This spicy Louisiana classic is delicious, not to mention it frees up your other hand for fist pumps. Heck yes!
PREP TIME30 - 35 min
COOK TIME4 min
TOTAL TIME39 min
- 3 lbs. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 3 lemons, juiced
- 5 tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 4 tsp. hot sauce
- 2 baguettes, sliced lengthwise
- Shredded lettuce
- Sliced tomato
- 1 stick salted butter, softened
- Salt & pepper
- Arrange shrimp on skewers, and set in a large casserole dish. If using wooden skewers, make sure to soak them in water prior.
- Make a marinade by whisking together the olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, smoked paprika, cayenne, hot sauce, plus salt and pepper to taste, then pour over shrimp and let marinate for at least half hour.
- Grill shrimp on a medium-high grill, about 4 minutes total. Make sure not to over grill, or shrimp will become tough!
- Coat the cut side of the baguette in butter and toast on the grill.
- Arrange the cooked shrimp on the toasted bread with lettuce and tomato, then enjoy your po’ boy or cut into pieces to share.