Up your game with these quick and easy skewers – a fun, fast blend of surf and turf. Pro tip: marinate shrimp and prep skewers the night before to save time, then simply toss on the grill when the game is about to start.
- 1 lb. large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. cayenne powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1-2 chorizo sausage links
- Combine shrimp, garlic, paprika, cumin, cayenne, salt, lime juice, olive oil and cilantro in a large mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Evenly slice chorizo into medallions and set aside.
- Thread skewers, alternating shrimp and chorizo, until all skewers are full, or shrimp and chorizo run out.
- Grill skewers on high heat for about 3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turns pink and chorizo is fully cooked.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!