Looking for a light and simple dessert you can make in minutes? Try our toasty grilled strawberry shortcake recipe! So fire up the grill and grab some kabob sticks, fresh whipped cream and strawberries to make this delightful treat.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- ½ lemon zest
- Angel food cake or pound cake chunks, or shortbread cookies
- 15 strawberries, sliced
- To make the whipped cream, beat heavy whipping cream, sugar and lemon zest together until stiff, then set aside in the refrigerator to chill.
- On a medium grill, place cake pieces or cookies, grilling 2-3 minutes per side.
- Assemble skewers, alternating grilled cake or cookie pieces, with strawberries and daubs of cream.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!