When the weather outside is frightful, give this warm sangria recipe a try. It's a hot toddy cocktail recipe with brandy, wine, and delicious grilled oranges.
- 1 bottle red wine (a fruity red works best)
- ¾ cup orange juice
- ¾ cup pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup brandy
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 4 pieces star anise
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ½ cup fresh cranberries, for garnish
- 1 orange, sliced for garnish
- Combine red wine, orange juice, pineapple juice, brandy, honey, star anise and cinnamon sticks in a large pot.
- Cook on medium heat until simmering; turn heat to low and simmer an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Grill orange slices on medium-high about 2-3 minutes per side, or until grill marks appear.
- Serve warm, garnishing each glass with a grilled orange slice and a few cranberries. Enjoy!