What’s the most delicious part of your Thanksgiving feast aside from the deep-fried turkey? The grilled pumpkin pie of course! This traditional recipe grill-bakes beautifully, keeping your oven free for cooking sides or more pies.
PREP TIME5 - 10 min
COOK TIME50 min
TOTAL TIME1 hrs 0 min
- 1 can pure pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1 can evaporated milk
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. ground clove
- 1 9” pie shell, plus another optional for decoration
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Prepare your grill for indirect grilling at about 400 degrees with the lid closed. For instance, on a 3-burner grill, turn the outside burners on, but leave the middle burner completely off.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, evaporated milk, sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
- Press one pie shell into grill-safe pan, and then add filling, using a spatula to smooth. If desired, used the other pie crust to form decorative elements for your pie. Try creating a rope of dough and twisting around the outside or using cookie cutters to make seasonal shapes and top your pie.
- Bake for 20 minutes at high, keeping the lid closed. Reduce heat to 350 and bake for an additional 30 minutes, again keeping the lid closed.
- Remove carefully and allow pie to cool before serving with whipped cream.