Pumpkin and chocolate make an unbeatable pair for the season, and these moist muffins showcase the combination perfectly. Whip up a batch and serve warm off the grill for ultimate ooey-gooiness.
PREP TIME25 - 35 min
TOTAL TIME35 min
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat grill to high heat, roughly 400˚F and prep a 12 cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix pumpkin puree, eggs, applesauce, maple syrup, canola oil and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- Stir in wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- Gently fold in ¾ cup chocolate chips.
- Spoon an even amount of batter into each of the twelve muffin molds. Top each with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake in covered grill for about 20 minutes. Test with a toothpick to make sure muffins are fully baked.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and serve warm or save for later for a tasty treat!