We’re taking our love of potatoes to a whole new level with this cocktail featuring two different spud variations: sweet potato simple syrup and regular potato vodka. With a grilled potato chip garnish, of course.
SWEET POTATO SIMPLE SYRUP INGREDIENTS
- 1 sweet potato
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- 2 oz. potato vodka
- 1 oz. sweet potato simple syrup
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Splash club soda
- Potato chips, for garnish
- For the simple syrup, roast the sweet potato wrapped in foil on a grill set to medium-low for 60-90 minutes. When potato is very soft in the middle, remove from grill, remove skin and cut into chunks. In a medium saucepan, combine water, sugar, nutmeg and sweet potato. Bring just to a boil, then reduce to low, simmering and stirring for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, allowing potato to steep as liquid cools, for about an hour. Strain out potato and discard. Syrup should be refrigerated and will keep for a week.
- For the cocktail, combine vodka, sweet potato simple syrup, and lemon juice in a shaker with ice; shake vigorously for 1 minute. Strain into a rocks glass over a fresh ice cube and top with a splash of club soda.
- For an extra fun garnish, serve with our GRILLED POTATO CHIPS - cheers!