Fore! Look out, golfers. We’re throwing The Masters’ iconic Pimento Cheese Sandwich on the grill. Try the recipe and out-stroke the original with this delicious twist on tradition.
- ½ cup sharp Cheddar, shredded
- ½ cup Gouda, shredded
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 1 tbsp. mayonnaise
- ¼ cup chopped pimentos
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices of hearty white bread
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- Preheat your gas grill to medium-high.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Cheddar, Gouda, cream cheese and mayonnaise together until smooth, and then gently stir in the pimentos. Add a little salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the butter on one side of each of the bread slices, and arrange two slices butter-side-down on a clean prep surface. Place half the mixture on each slice, concentrating it in the middle of the sandwich, because it will melt and spread as it cooks! Place the other slices of bread butter-side-up to complete the sandwiches.
- Place the sandwiches carefully on the grate and grill until cheese is melted and the bread has grill marks, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove, slice in half and enjoy the cheesy goodness.