Do you love grilling? Then put a ring on it! A seasoned, crispy, delicious onion ring that is. This simple recipe makes perfectly crispy onion rings, right on the grill grate. Bonus, no frying means a healthier side or snack.
- 3 sweet onions
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Cut onions into 1-inch thick rings, and pat dry completely.
- Mix flour, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Mix together both types of bread crumbs in a separate bowl.
- Beat together eggs and olive oil in another large bowl, deep enough for dipping.
- Fully coat onion rings one at a time in flour mixture, egg mixture and then bread crumbs, in that order, placing on a plate when complete. Transfer plate to freezer for 30 minutes.
- Grill onion rings for 8-10 minutes per side on medium-high heat or until golden brown and crispy.