Zest up your breakfast with this healthy morning snack. Sweet and smoky oats baked in orange peels will make you glad you didn’t skip breakfast.
Makes: 4 servings
- 4 oranges
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup oats
- ¼ cup yogurt, plain
- ¾ cup yogurt, vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. orange pulp
- 2 tbsp. honey
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Salt, to taste
- Cut oranges in half and scoop out insides, reserving two tbsp. for pulp.
- Place blueberries, oats, plain yogurt, eggs, baking soda and powder, honey, salt and 1 tbsp. orange pulp in a bowl and mix together.
- In a separate bowl, combine vanilla yogurt and 1 tbsp. orange pulp and mix together. Set aside for later.
- Fill 4 orange halves with oat mixture and place other half on top. Then, wrap each orange in foil.
- Turn grill onto high heat.
- Place oranges on grill and cook for 30 minutes.
- After grilling, remove top half of orange and add yogurt sauce to top. Enjoy!