Nothing says big game more than a big tray of nachos. We’re talking three layers of cheesy goodness, with just a little kick from chorizo sausage and jalapenos. Score!
PREP TIME5 - 10 min
COOK TIME15 min
TOTAL TIME25 min
- 1 16-oz bag of tortilla chips
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ pound chorizo sausage
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 can refried beans
- 2 jalapenos
- 2 tbsp. fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- Sour cream, salsa and guacamole (optional)
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- In a pan over medium heat, cook the chorizo and red pepper in the olive oil until the chorizo is browned, about 7-8 minutes. Set aside on a paper-towel lined surface.
- Then assemble the nachos. On a grill tray, place a layer of tortilla chips on the bottom, then add about one third of the cheese, refried beans, chorizo-pepper mixture and jalapenos. Repeat with two more layers.
- Grill with the lid closed for about 5-7 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Remove, sprinkle with cilantro and serve with sour cream, salsa and guacamole.