Craving some fresh summer flavor as the end of winter draws near? We’ve got the perfect dish. These simple, savory wraps are stuffed with cheese, tomatoes and herbs. And the best thing is, they are a snap to make, requiring very little grill time out in the cold.
- 2 large eggplants, cut into ¼” slices
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 8-10 oz. fresh mozzarella
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- ½ cup herbs (basil, parsley, cilantro, etc.)
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Salt eggplant slices and allow to drain over a colander for about 15 minutes; pat dry.
- Brush slices with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill eggplant slices on the grate about 3 minutes per side, and then place the slices on a large grill-safe tray or pan.
- Divide mozzarella, tomato and herbs between the eggplant slices, rolling each up, and securing with a toothpick if needed.
- Place tray or pan back on the grill for about 5 minutes, or until cheese begins to melt.
- Carefully remove and serve.