Normal monkey bread is good. This monkey bread is crazy good. Grab your Dutch oven, fire brick and some leftover Halloween candy, and grill up something so easy and delicious that it’s scary.
Makes: 20 servings
- 2 16.3 oz. cans refrigerated biscuits
- 64 chocolate kisses
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 stick butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- Cut each biscuit into quarters.
- Shape each piece of biscuit dough around a chocolate kiss ensuring chocolate is completely sealed within dough. Gently roll each into a ball shape.
- In a large bowl, combine granulated sugar and cinnamon. Toss the dough balls in the mixture, coating the outside of each.
- Spray Dutch oven with nonstick cooking spray, then place in all dough balls. (Hint: toss them in if you’re in a rush, or arrange them neatly if you have more time, they’ll taste great either way.)
- In a small pan over medium heat, melt the butter completely and stir in the brown sugar. Pour the mixture evenly over the dough balls.
- Place a fire brick on the grill grate and preheat to high. Place the Dutch oven on top of the fire brick, reduce heat to medium and bake with the lid to both Dutch oven and grill closed, for about 35 minutes.
- Remove from grill and serve in the Dutch oven or flip on to a cake stand. Enjoy!
Cooking With Propane