Celebrate National Corn on the Cob Day with this smoky, spicy recipe sure to please any maize fan.
- 4 husked ears of corn
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. cayenne powder
- Vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. mayo or unsalted butter
- ¼ cup of crumbled cotija cheese
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- On a high grill, brush vegetable oil over grate and place corn over oil. Turn corn over occasionally for until cooked through.
- In a small bowl, combine cayenne and chili powders.
- After removing from grill, serve each ear with a brush of mayo or unsalted butter and sprinkle of the cayenne/chili powder mixture and cotijta cheese. Then, add a squeeze of lime wedge.