Try a twist on one of Passover’s tastiest dishes, a big bowl of Matzo Ball Soup with delicious grilled chicken.
- 12-14 oz. skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 3 quarts chicken stock
- 2 large celery stalks, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 3 sprigs parsley
- 3 sprigs dill
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup matzo meal
- 2 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- In a mixing bowl, mix the eggs and vegetable oil, and then combine the matzo meal, salt and ¼ cup hot water. Refrigerate the mixture for about an hour, then remove and form the dough into 1-1/2 inch balls. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, add the balls and cook for 20 minutes.
- Rub olive oil over the chicken breast and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add chicken to grill, grilling on medium-high for 5-6 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Slice into chunks and set aside.
- In a large pot add about 3 quarts chicken stock, celery, carrots, onion, herbs, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until carrots and celery are tender.
- Add cooked matzo balls and grilled chicken, then serve and enjoy!