Ever tried making macaroni and cheese on the grill? This yankee doodle macaroni recipe takes the classic to the next level.
- ½ lb. uncooked pasta
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ stick of butter
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil pasta until al dente, drain and set aside.
- In a cast iron skillet over a medium-high grill, whisk together heavy cream and butter, and then stir in most of the Parmesan cheese until a thick sauce forms.
- Fold in the cooked pasta, stirring to coat all noodles.
- Top with the remaining Parmesan, nutmeg, salt and pepper, then cover the grill to finish cooking approximately 5 minutes.
- After removing from the head, let stand a few minutes, and then serve!