Ring in the the Chinese New Year with this twist on a classic dish. These delicious noodles – or yi mein – symbolize longevity and are perfect to serve at this celebration, mixed with a delicious stir fry. Try our recipe for grilled Chinese longevity noodles to help celebrate the new year!
PREP TIME19 min - 25 min
TOTAL TIME25 min
- 4 tsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. oyster sauce
- 3 tsp. sesame oil
- ½ tsp. sugar
- Salt, to taste
- 12 oz. yi mein noodles (any brand)
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 5-6 shitake mushrooms, diced
- 6 oz. Chinese chives, sliced
- Pre-cook the yi mein noodles, al dente, and set aside
- Place a grill-proof wok on the grate, close the lid, and preheat grill on high heat for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk together soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, sugar and salt, then set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, sesame oil, ginger and garlic. Add in chicken chunks, tossing to coat.
- Add the chicken mixture to the wok, cooking 2 minutes. Add in the vegetables, cooking 2-3 more minutes. Add in the sauce, stirring for about 1 minute, then toss in the noodles.
- Let the mixture cook for about 1 minute more together, then remove and serve.