This St. Patrick’s Day, we’ve strayed from the traditional and opted simply for green, green and even more green on the grill. The result is a delicious and healthy dish, quick to grill and perfect for an early-spring meal.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large avocado, halved, peeled and pitted
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 2 tbsp. fresh mint, chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, zest, olive oil, mint, salt & pepper. For a little added kick, we love some crushed red pepper as well.
- Set aside a small portion of the mixture to drizzle over your finished dish as dressing, then use the remaining mixture to marinate your chicken for 2 to 24 hours.
- Grill chicken over medium-high heat about 7-10 minutes, basting with the remaining marinade, until completely cooked.
- Brush peeled avocado halves and asparagus with olive oil and grill, about 3 minutes or until grill marks appear.
- Slice chicken breast and avocados, then assemble in large bowls with the asparagus. Drizzle the dressing set aside from the marinade mixture over the bowls and serve with fresh lime slices and mint leaves.