When life gives you lemons, we suggest you fire up the grill, slice those lemons up, and cook them on some chicken with fresh herbs. Plus prep, cooking and cleanup is simple, which makes any dinner a little sweeter.
PREP TIME5 - 10 min
COOK TIME12 min
TOTAL TIME22 min
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced, 1 additional to top (optional)
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Make foil packet by laying a piece of foil on a flat surface and turning up the edges slightly to hold the ingredients in while prepping. Tear off a similarly sized piece of foil and set aside as the top of the packet. Repeat to create four packets.
- Combine the oil, juice of one lemon, basil, oregano and garlic in a bowl, and then toss in the chicken to coat. Place one chicken breast on each bottom piece of foil. For extra lemon flavor, add a lemon slice or two to the top of the chicken.
- Place the other piece of foil on top, and fold the edges tightly together to create a sealed packet. Repeat for all four packets.
- Place the packets onto the grate and grill with the lid closed until cooked through, about 12 minutes.
- Remove and let rest for a few minutes before opening – be careful of the steam – and serve!