Looking to make an easy, satisfying lunch while avoiding a grocery store run? Look no further than your kitchen cabinets for tuna, bread, olive oil and Italian seasoning, plus whatever fresh sandwich toppings you have on hand. Replacing the mayo with olive oil – and giving it all a little time on the grill – elevates your everyday tuna sandwich to something more delicious, but just as easy to whip together.
- 1 can tuna
- 2 thick slices of bread
- 1 tbsp. olive oil, plus more for grilling
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Favorite fresh sandwich toppings
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Brush one side of each piece of bread lightly with olive oil; set aside.
- Mix tuna with 1 tbsp. olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Place both pieces of bread on the grill, olive oil sides down on the grate, and then add tuna mixture to one piece of bread.
- Grill for approximately 5 minutes or until grill marks appear on bread; remove carefully.
- Add your fresh sandwich toppings over the tuna – we used arugula, tomato, white and green onion – and add the second piece of bread, grilled-side-up. Enjoy!
Cooking With Propane