The weather outside might be frightful, but this spicy-sweet Grilled Cinnamon-Orange Hot Toddy is so delightful. The charred citrus pairs perfectly with your favorite bourbon in this wonderful winter warmer.
Makes: 2 servings
- 6 oz. orange juice
- 1 orange, sliced in rounds
- 4 oz. bourbon or rye
- 4 oz. boiling water
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon, plus more for garnish
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- Cinnamon stick
- Stir together orange juice, bourbon/rye and water.
- Slice one orange into rounds, and sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on each.
- Grill the orange rounds on high 4-5 minutes, until the sugar is golden and bubbling.
- Garnish each drink with an orange round and sprinkle of cinnamon.