We love this easy grilled banana bread recipe! Combining earthy tahini and sweet honey makes this delectable dish perfect for dessert, or if you want to go a little crazy, an amazing breakfast.
- 1 bananas, overripe
- ¼ cup whole buttermilk
- ¾ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- ¼ cup butter, plus more for brushing
- 1 cup honey
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- To make the banana bread, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt, and then set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat eggs and sugar for about 5 minutes. Then slowly mix in ¼ cup melted butter, then the oil until blended.
- In another bowl, mash the soft bananas, and then add buttermilk and vanilla extract, whisking well. Stir the banana mixture into the egg mixture, and then once combined, gently fold in the dry mixture.
- Pour batter into a loaf pan and cook for 1 hour. Let cool then remove from pan.
- Slice the loaf of banana bread, brush the slices with butter, and place them on a medium-high grill for 2-3 minutes per side.
- In a small pot over medium, warm the honey and tahini, stirring together until combined.
- Drizzle the sauce over the bread, and then sprinkle with sea salt and walnuts to serve.