This Hawaiian teriyaki burger recipe is sure to be a win at your next tailgate. With ham and pineapple piled on top of a cheeseburger, your fans will be screaming for more.
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp. teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbsp. honey
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 pineapple cut into rings
- 1 ½ lbs ground beef
- 4 slices thick-cut ham
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1 cup crispy fried onions
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 Hawaiian sweet hamburger rolls
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Stir together mayo, 2 tbsp. teriyaki sauce, honey and cayenne to make burger sauce. Set aside.
- Grill pineapple slices and thick-cut ham on grill set to medium high heat until grill marks appear and both are warm all the way through.
- Season the ground beef with salt and pepper to taste and 2 tbsp. teriyaki sauce and separate into 4 evenly sized patties. Cook for 4-5 minutes on the first side. Flip and add one slice of provolone cheese to each patty. Cook for an additional 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and burgers have reached desired doneness.
- Toast top and bottom buns separately with insides face down on the grill. Toast for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Start assembling the burgers by spreading the sauce on the bottom buns. Top with lettuce, cheeseburger patties, tomato, ham, pineapple, crispy fried onion and top bun.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!