Every day is National Cheeseburger Day when you grill this decadent, but oh-so-easy to make delight. We’ve used a simple burger recipe and cheddar cheese with thin country white bread here, but you can experiment with any cheese and bread combos you like. Just make sure you can still fit this sandwich in your mouth!
- ½ lb. ground beef
- 1 egg yolk
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 8 slices bread
- 16 slices cheese
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- In a bowl, mix ground beef, egg yolk, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce well, then form two patties.
- Spread mayonnaise on one side of each piece of bread.
- Place burgers on the grate and assemble four grilled cheese sandwiches on the grate, mayonnaise side of the bread out and four slices of cheese per sandwich.
- Flip both the burger patties and the grilled cheese sandwiches after 3 minutes, then allow to grill another 3 minutes. If grilled cheese sandwiches begin to darken before burger is done, remove and allow burger to grill to desired level of doneness.
- Assemble your creation with one grilled cheese sandwich as a top bun and one as a bottom bun for each patty.