Stop settling for bland green beans! Whip up these tempura fried green beans and sriracha aioli for a crispy, crunchy new Thanksgiving dish.
Remember when frying to always lower your foods gently into the oil to avoid splashing, fry in batches to ensure the oil stays at the proper temperature and follow all propane-powered fryer safety precautions.Original Recipe
PREP TIME5 - 10 min
COOK TIME2 min
TOTAL TIME12 min
- 1 ½ lbs. green beans, trimmed
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 cups club soda, chilled
- 2 egg yolks
- Mix both flours and baking soda in a large bowl. Stir club soda and egg yolk together in a separate bowl. Whisk wet mixture into dry mixture until just combined; mixture will remain lumpy.
- Coat beans in batter.
- Fry beans in batches at 350 for 1 minute or until golden brown.
- Use a large spider strainer to carefully remove beans from the hot oil, let drain over a paper towel.
- Sever fried green beans warm. Hint: they’re delicious with sriracha aioli or soy sauce to dip.