Make grilled french fries at home in no time with only a cast iron skillet and a few simple ingredients. These pan fried french fries are fresh and crisp and put a whole new spin on a crowd favorite.
- 1 lb. Russet potatoes
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Clean potatoes and cut into ¼ fries. Rinse with cold water and dry on a paper towel.
- Add fries and oil to a well-seasoned cast iron skillet and mix until fries are fully coated.
- Set grill to high heat, place skillet straight onto grill and let cook for about 10 minutes.
- Gently mix fries, making sure to scrape the bottom to prevent sticking, and rotate the pan every 5 minutes. Repeat this step for roughly 30 minutes or until fries are well browned.
- Remove fries from grill and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Enjoy!