Smoky cod and your favorite light beer make the perfect combination in this mouth-watering taco dish. Add the sweet and spicy mango salsa for an extra kick of flavor.
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 2 tbsp. lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 1 pound Cod
- 4 ounces favorite light beer
- 2 T lime juice
- 2 T orange juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 corn tortillas
- Crumbled cojita cheese, to taste
- To make salsa, combine mango, red onion, jalapeno, lime juice and cilantro in a bowl and mix until ingredients are combined. Set aside for later.
- Combine light beer, lime and orange juices, and salt in a large bowl or zippered bag and add cod. Marinate for a half hour.
- After cod has marinated, bring the remaining marinade to boil in a sauce pan until it reduces.
- Turn grill on medium-high heat.
- Grill marinated cod about 4-5 minutes on each side, until center flakes easily.
- Remove cod from grill and place on corn tortillas, recommended to use two tortillas per serving, add salsa and cotija cheese and top with the beer-reduction marinade. Enjoy!