Your holiday party will never be the same with this twist on the seasonal favorite, eggnog. Toasted cinnamon sticks add an extra smoky, spicy garnish that doubles as a handy-dandy drink stirrer!
- 3 cups milk
- 1 ¼ cups rum or bourbon
- 9 egg yolks
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. nutmeg, ground
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon, ground
- 8 cinnamon sticks
- In a saucepan, mix together 1 ½ cups milk, sugar and egg yolks. Then place over low heat and allow to simmer until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat once thickened and stir in remaining milk. Set aside to cool. Once cooled, strain mixture through a filter and pour into pitcher. Then add rum or bourbon.
- Turn grill onto medium-high heat.
- Place 8 cinnamon sticks on grill and toast, remove before burning.
- To serve, add eggnog to a glass and top with a sprinkling of ground cinnamon and nutmeg. Then add toasted cinnamon stick. Enjoy!