There’s nothing like hot, fresh donuts to accompany a camp breakfast or enjoy as a snack after a long hike. These require only a few ingredients - along with a Dutch oven or deep cast iron pan and paper bag – and take no time at all to make.
Servings: 16 donuts
- 1 tube refrigerated biscuits
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp. cinnamon
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Place Dutch oven on camp grill and heat until oil is just about to boil. Note: do not allow to boil, as your donuts will burn!
- Form donuts by cutting each biscuit in half down the middle, then poke a hole in the center of each round.
- Fry each donut until golden brown on both sides.
- In a brown paper bag, add sugar and cinnamon. As the donuts finish frying, let excess oil drip off, then add to paper bag and shake to coat.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Cooking With Propane