Bring your game face to the next tailgate and grill up delicious corn fritters. Lightly charred corn cooked in batter will bring a lil’ Southern flavor for National Fritters Day.
Makes: 5 servings
- 3 ears corn
- ¾ cup flour
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup water
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 egg, beaten
- Vegetable oil
- To prep corn fritters, cut corn off ears. Then in a mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, onion powder and salt. Add in water, lemon juice and egg until combined.
- Once batter is combined, add in corn kernels until mixed thoroughly.
- Turn grill onto medium-high heat.
- Place cast-iron skillet on grill and add vegetable oil, as needed, to coat bottom of skillet.
- Once skillet is hot, add corn fritter batter. Avoid overcrowding skillet.
- After about a minute, or when the tops become bubbly, flip and cook until golden brown.
- Place corn fritters on paper towels to absorb access liquid. Serve once cooled down. Enjoy!