This International Coffee Day, start your morning off right with freshly roasted coffee beans made right on your grill. You’ll need a grill with side burner, stainless steel popcorn maker and a cookie sheet or shallow baking dish, plus raw coffee beans. The process doesn’t take long though, and you’ll brew amazing coffee to get you through any day.
- 1 bag green coffee beans
- Preheat side burner on grill for 10 minutes before beginning process of roasting beans.
- Add coffee beans to popcorn popper and place it on the side burner. Roast the beans for about 15 minutes, stirring them continuously throughout the roasting process.
- After beans begin to turn from yellow to brown, they will begin cracking simultaneously. Once the cracking becomes more subtle and the color turns to an even brown, remove from burner.
- Place roasted beans onto sheet or pan and evenly distribute to allow all to cool.
- After cooling, store coffee beans in an air-tight container.
- To serve, grind coffee beans and brew as you would your normal coffee.