Invite Cupid to your cookout and love will be in the air with this sweet cocoa confection brownie skillet recipe! It's the perfect size for sharing (and maybe for some leftovers), this goey finishing course goes perfectly with a creamy scoop of vanilla.
Makes: 1 large skillet brownie
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup dark chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 4 eggs
- Vanilla ice-cream
- Place a fire brick on the grate and preheat the grill to high.
- In a double boiler over simmering water, melt butter and chocolate, mixing together until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and sugar, and then add to the chocolate butter mixture, stirring together well. Beat in the eggs.
- Grease a 10” cast-iron skillet well, the pour in the brownie mixture.
- Place the skillet on fire brick, reduce heat to medium, and bake 30-35 minutes.
- Serve while brownie is still warm with a big scoop of vanilla ice-cream.