Celebrate National Chocolate Chip Day by making this classic favorite cookie on the grill. That’s right, grill up a perfect batch of chocolate chip cookies, grab a tall glass of milk and enjoy.
PREP TIME120 - 130 min
COOK TIME15 min
TOTAL TIME2 hrs 25 min
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- In one bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. In another large bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer, then beat in eggs one at a time. Beat in dry ingredients until just combined, and then stir in chocolate chips by hand. Refrigerate ingredients for about 2 hours.
- When dough is ready, heat grill to medium heat, around 325 – 375 degrees.
- Form dough into small balls and place about 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet. Place the cookie sheet in the center of the grill, over indirect heat. Close the lid and grill for about 13-15 minutes.
- Repeat until all dough is used and enjoy!