Tortillas? No way. Swap out those flour-filled wraps for crunchy romaine lettuce. Pile yummy, fresh ingredients high and carbo-unload with this healthy twist on an old favorite.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. mirin
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup uncooked orzo
- 1 head Boston lettuce
- 1 mango, chopped
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- To make the marinade, whisk soy sauce, mirin, honey and garlic in a bowl. Reserve about half the marinade, adding the chicken to the remaining marinade in the bowl. Ensure the chicken pieces are covered and let set for ½ hour.
- In the meantime, cook about 1 cup of your favorite brand of orzo following the directions on the box, and set aside.
- Heat the grill to medium-high and grill the chicken, about 7-10 minutes per side until cooked through and charred a bit on the outside. Remove the chicken and chop into bite-sizes pieces, then toss with 2 – 3 tbsp. of the remaining marinade.
- To serve, stack cleaned lettuce leaves on a platter, and place chicken, orzo, mango, carrots, scallions and remaining sauce in individual bowls, assembling the ingredients into wraps to taste. Enjoy!