Course: Lunch, Dinner
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Nothing says ‘comfort’ like hearty beef, carbo-licious rice or pasta, and piles of gooey melted cheese. This ground beef skillet recipe is easy and fast to make on your grill, and sure to have everyone in the family saying, ‘More please!’
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 28 oz. crushed tomato, with juice
- 8 oz. rice or pasta (cooked)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese; grated
1. Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat; add the ground beef and cook completely so no pink remains, then set the cooked ground beef aside.
2. Add olive oil to the skillet, then add pepper, onion, carrot and garlic, sautéing until the vegetables begin to soften.
3. Turn heat up to high and add the ground beef back into the pan, along with oregano, chili powder, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and crushed tomatoes. Bring to a simmer.
4. Gently stir in rice or pasta, cover the mixture with cheese and allow to cook with grill cover closed until cheese is just melted. Remove and serve immediately.
Loving easy, cozy meals like this Cheesy Beef Skillet? Check out another hearty recipe grilled in a skillet that’s great for breakfast, lunch or dinner – Grilled Shakshuka.
Cooking With Propane