Creamy grilled avocado, savory cheese, ripe tomatoes and fresh herbs combine in this super-easy summer caprese salad. Whip it up on the grill as an appetizer, light meal or snack in a snap.
- 2 avocados, halved
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 lb. mozzarella cheese balls
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 2 lemons, halved
- ½ tsp. parsley
- ½ tsp. thyme
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- Mix parsley, thyme and olive oil in a small bowl. Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Place avocados and lemons face down on grill set to medium heat. Cook until avocados have grill marks and are heated through and until lemons are lightly charred.
- Slice avocados into strips and remove from skin.
- Add avocados, tomatoes, mozzarella and basil leaves to a large salad bowl. Dress with herb and olive mixture.
- Top salad with grilled lemon juice and enjoy!