No, you can’t order pizza to your tent - but you can easily make it with your camping grill and a cast iron skillet. It will take a little time for your dough to rise and warm, so ensure you leave enough prep time to avoid hangry campers. After this step though, grilling is fast, easy and very delicious.
- 1 ball pre-made pizza dough
- Olive oil
- 1 jar pizza sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Your favorite toppings
- Allow the dough to rise and warm to room temperature, according to package instructions.
- Heat camp stove to high.
- Roll or stretch dough to the size of your pan, then lightly oil both sides so it won’t stick. Place in pan.
- Place pan on grill 5 minutes, or until bottom of crust is slightly browned. Flip the dough over, then add sauce, cheese and toppings to the cooked side.
- Place pan back on grill for 5 minutes, or until dough is cooked through and cheese is melted.
- Serve carefully because pan will be hot – enjoy!
Cooking With Propane