Your favorite stout combined with gooey, chocolatey brownies make for a delicious treat this National Dessert Day. Just add ice cream and your sweet tooth will thank you later.
PREP TIME5 - 10 min
COOK TIME30 min
TOTAL TIME40 min
- ½ cup favorite stout
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 ½ cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 eggs
- Bring to boil your favorite stout and reduce to a simmer. Cook stout until it reduces to about a ¼ cup. Then set aside for later.
- Over high heat, melt chocolate chips and butter in a bowl atop a small saucepan filled with about an inch of water, stirring occasionally.
- Once mixture is melted, pour into a separate bowl and allow to cool slightly. Then add in reduced stout, sugar, vanilla and salt, and mix together. Add eggs into the mixture one at a time, mixing well.
- Slowly add flour into mixture until combined and pour into an oiled cast iron pan.
- Turn grill onto medium heat.
- Place cast iron pan on grill and close lid. Allow brownies to bake for about 25-30 minutes. Make sure to check the brownies every 5-10 minutes to avoid burning.
- Once brownies are cooked through, remove from grill and allow to cool before serving. Enjoy!