Raise a pint to this delicious recipe full of some of our favorite things – shrimp, butter and beer. The best part? Cooking in a foil packet makes prep, grilling and especially cleanup a snap.
- 1 ½ lbs. of peeled, deveined large shrimp
- ½ cup lager-style beer
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 lemon
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- Salt, pepper and Old Bay seasoning, to taste
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Lay a large piece of foil on a flat surface, turning up the edges slightly to hold the ingredients in while prepping. Tear off a similarly sized piece of foil and set aside.
- Spread the shrimp onto the foil. Add the beer, juice of the lemon, roughly chopped garlic, butter and seasonings, to taste, on top the shrimp.
- Place the other piece of foil on top, and fold the edges tightly together to create a sealed packet.
- Place the packet onto the grate and grill with the lid closed until the shrimp are cooked through, about 5-6 minutes.
- Remove and let rest for a few minutes before opening – be careful of the steam – and serve!