Good thing the NFL brought back victory dances, because these skewers make our taste buds want to move and groove. Grill up this winning recipe at your next tailgate and treat your friends to the bacon-bourbon goodness.
PREP TIME5 - 10 min
COOK TIME14 min
TOTAL TIME24 min
- 3 lbs. chicken breast
- 12 oz. BBQ sauce of choice
- ¼ cup bourbon
- 3 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ¾ tsp. onion powder
- 2 tbsp. paprika
- 4 tbsp. brown sugar
- 9 slices uncooked bacon
- Heat the grill to medium-high.
- In a small bowl, mix the bourbon and BBQ sauce together.
- In a food processor, blend the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, brown sugar and bacon until completely smooth.
- Cut the chicken into chunks and rub them with the bacon paste. Once coated, thread them into the skewers. Make sure if you are using wooden skewers, to soak them prior to grilling.
- Grill the skewers 4-5 minutes per side, until completely cooked.
- Brush the bourbon BBQ sauce on, cooking for 1-2 more minutes per side.
- Serve up to your hungry friends with the extra sauce on the side!