Oh, bacon, how we love thee with everything from burgers to beverages. Stir things up this National Bacon Day by adding delicious pork and maple flavor to an old favorite drink, the Old Fashioned. You’re going to love this delicious twist on a classic cocktail.
PREP TIME30 - 35 min
COOK TIME5 min
TOTAL TIME40 min
- 6 oz. bourbon
- 8 dashes bitters
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- Turn half of grill burners onto medium-high heat.
- Place bacon slices on indirect heat side of grill. Cook bacon until crispy.
- Once bacon is cooked, remove from grill and place in a bowl. Add bourbon to bowl and place in refrigerator. Let sit for about 30 minutes.
- Remove bacon from bowl and strain bourbon.
- In a pitcher, mix together bourbon, bitters and maple syrup.
- To serve, place ice cubes in rock glass and pour bourbon mixture over ice. Add grilled bacon as a garnish. Enjoy!