Are You Ready For Winter? Four Easy Steps to Becoming a New AmeriGas Customer
Now is the time to prepare in advance for the upcoming winter season. We want to assist you in that preparation! Whether you want to become a new customer or are a current customer looking for more information, here is everything you need to know about our services. In this three part blog series, we will cover the following topics:
- Becoming a New Customer
- Payment and Service Options
- My AmeriGas Bill
With AmeriGas, you get more than just a propane supplier – you get a propane expert and partner. Since 1959, our mission continues to provide you with the most reliable, safest, and responsive propane service in the nation.
Over 2 million customers just like you use AmeriGas propane services in all 50 states. That has made AmeriGas the largest marketer of propane. We use the size of our organization to your advantage every day, retaining our focus on friendliness and personal attention found only in a “corner store”.
Becoming a new AmeriGas customer in four easy steps:
Step 1: Contact AmeriGas
To start the AmeriGas new customer process call your nearestAmeriGas location.
During the initial call, a friendly AmeriGas representative will help select your service, and let you know about our latest specials.
Step 2: Determine Your Propane Service Needs and Wants
Propane services vary; here are some general guidelines:
- If you already have an AmeriGas tank – we’ll schedule an appointment to conduct a system safety check and activate your propane service. Your first AmeriGas propane delivery will follow promptly.
- Switching propane suppliers? – We’ll schedule an appointment to install an AmeriGas tank at your location, conduct a system safety check and activate your propane service. Your first AmeriGas propane delivery will follow promptly (the transition is completed with limited interruption of propane service).
- Switching energy sources? – We’ll schedule a free site survey at your convenience. An AmeriGas expert will then help you determine your propane needs and provide necessary information on how propane can meet your energy requirements more efficiently and affordably.
- Building a new home, addition, or pool? – We’ll schedule a free site survey to determine the tank needs, location and other data, assuring new installation will be complete prior to moving day.
- Own your own tank- If you own the propane tank, we’ll conduct a pre-fill safety inspectionprior to making your first AmeriGas propane delivery.AmeriGas experts are also available to come to your home and help determine yourfurnace, water heater, and/or propane appliance needs.
In many cases we can provide appliance installation services and appliances for purchase. We can also refer you to trusted local contractors and dealers for appliance purchases and installation of propane appliances.
Step 3: New Service Agreement
When you become an AmeriGas customer, you’ll need to sign a Propane Supply Agreement to have your service activated as soon as possible.
Step 4:Delivery and Flexible Payment Options
AmeriGas offers you several delivery and payment options. So you can pick the plan that works best for you. AmeriGas plans include AmeriGuard, AmeriLock, Pre-Buy, SmartPay budget plan and Automatic Delivery.
We’ll mail you everything you need; or stop in the office and speak to a representative.
AmeriGas is proud to offer you a wide array of benefits, including: dedicated local employees, automatic delivery, flexible payment plans,Customer Referral Awards, 24/7 emergency call center, certified technician training and world-class safety.
For more information, please contact your nearest AmeriGas Location.