All About Propane Tanks
Here’s the one-stop propane tank shop! Everything you’ve ever wanted to know about propane tanks in one place. Have other questions? Post below in the comments & we’ll let you know!
What kind of propane tanks are there?
Propane tanks fall into three categories:
1. Above Ground Tanks
2. Underground Tanks
3. Vertical Tanks
What propane tanks are available through AmeriGas?
AmeriGas offers the following types and sizes of propane tanks. This is just a sampling of tank sizes available – we can customize just about anything a customer wants.
Above Ground Tanks:
Check out the Timeline of an Underground Tank Installation to see the photos of the entire process. This particular installation occurred in Chester, NJ.
What are some of these rules and regulations about tank placements?
The placement of a propane tank is not something decided upon lightly. In fact, there are many federal, state and local ordinances and regulations that must be observed at all times. Here are a few of those regulations:
Tanks under 125 gallons water capacity:
- must be at least 10 feet from a window air conditioner
- must be placed a minimum of 5 feet from a crawl space opening
Tanks 125-500 gallons water capacity:
- must be placed a minimum of 10 feet from a building
- must be at least 10 feet from a line of adjoining property
Tanks up to 2000 gallons water capacity:
- must be placed a minimum of 25 feet from the building
- no part of an underground tank of this size shall be less than 10 feet from a building or line of adjoining property