A subtle twist on a classic makes this appetizer recipe irresistible. Next time you are ready to roll out the jumbo Shrimp Cocktail for your intimate dinner party or holiday gathering, fire up the grill and give it a little heat first.
COOK TIME6 min
TOTAL TIME6 min
- 2 lbs. jumbo shrimp, peeled
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup chili sauce or ketchup
- 2 tbsp. horseradish
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ tsp hot sauce
- Toss shrimp in a large bowl and coat with olive oil.
- Thread the shrimp onto grill-safe skewers, about 3 shrimp per skewer depending on size.
- Combine chili sauce, horseradish, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce in a small bowl to make the cocktail sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Set grill to high heat and grill shrimp about 3 minutes per side or until firm and opaque.
- Serve shrimp with fresh cocktail sauce and enjoy!