Life moves fast. Sometimes you need to stop and smell the roses. Or the Prime Rib. With this simple grilling recipe, you'll be treating yourself to a slow-grilled, perfect roast this National Prime Rib Day in no time.
- 5-lb bone-in prime rib roast
- 1 tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp. dried minced onion
- 2 tsp. dried minced garlic
- ½ tsp. dried parsley
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cups beef broth
- Mix together salt, pepper, onion, garlic, parsley and crushed red pepper.
- Untie roast, coat in olive oil, rub well with seasoning mixture, and then re-tie with butchers twine. Let sit for about an hour.
- Set grill to indirect heat and preheat low.
- Add beef broth to shallow pan with roasting rack, and then place roast bone-side down on the rack.
- Place roast on indirect side of grill, close the cover and slow cook, turning and basting every 45 minutes. Hint: about 3 hours will get the roast to medium rare.
- Remove pan from the grill and let rest for 20 minutes. Remove rib bones and set aside au jus to use for serving.
- Turn grill up to high heat and place roast cut side down over the heat. Sear for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Slice fully cooked prime rib and serve with au jus. Enjoy!