Kids are picky. So why not just…let them pick? Creating a Grilled Cheese Bar is an easy way for your kids to help make the Grilled Cheese Sandwich of their dreams. Just set out a bunch of ingredients, let those little hands get to work, then you can get to grilling. Before long, everyone will be biting into their very own crispy creations. Long live bread and cheese.
While classic grilled cheese is always delicious, you can make your sandwiches more fun – and delicious – by adding various fillings in addition to the cheese. Set your chosen toppings out on a table or counter and let the kiddos choose their own.
GRILLING THE GRILLED CHEESE
What’s the best part about making grilled cheese on your grill? You can toss on the whole family’s sandwiches at the same time, rather than pan frying just one or two at a time, so everyone can enjoy their hot, delicious sandwiches together.
PREP TIME10 min - 15 min
TOTAL TIME15 min
- Turkey lunchmeat
- Ham lunchmeat or prosciutto
- Bacon, precooked
- Apple slices
- Fresh basil
- GRILLING THE GRILLED CHEESE
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Assemble the sandwiches by spreading butter on one side of each slice of bread, adding cheese and other chosen fillers in between on the non-buttered side.
- Place the sandwiches carefully on the grate and grill until cheese is melted and the bread has grill marks, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove, slice in half and enjoy the cheesy goodness.