8 Reasons Why Propane Forklifts are Better Than Electric
Why are propane forklifts better than electric forklifts? Here are eight reasons:
1. More Power! If you need power, you need a propane forklift. Propane forklifts maintain consistent, 100-percent power throughout operation. They have the ability to push heavy loads at full capacity, up and down inclines, faster, and for a longer amount of time than electric forklifts.
2. More Cost Effective! Propane forklifts offer an economical way to meet material handling needs. Propane forklifts have lower life-cycle costs than electric, diesel or gasoline-powered forklifts.
3. Versatile: Indoor OR Outdoor Use! Propane forklifts can be used in indoor and outdoor applications, unlike their electric counterparts. Propane cylinders can be stored and moved almost anywhere within a work site.
4. Low Maintenance! Propane produces fewer engine deposits than gasoline and diesel fuel, resulting in lower maintenance costs. Propane engines can typically last up to twice as long as gasoline engines.
5. Long Running! Propane forklifts with a typical 33.5 lb cylinder run an average of 8 hours between refueling.
6. Simple & Fast Refueling! With propane forklifts, simply remove the empty cylinder and replace with a full one. Refueling can be completed in 5 minutes.
7. Safety First! Propane forklift tanks, fuel lines and carburetion components meet or exceed strict specifications. Built-in safety devices automatically shut off the flow of fuel in case of an accident.
8. Environmental Impact: Propane is Green! Propane is a non-toxic, clean-burning fuel that is safely used to power forklifts indoors and out. There is no spillage loss or evaporation into the atmosphere.