What's a better for a tailgate than having to choose between pizza and a cheese burger? A cheeseburger pizza recipe with pickles, of course!
Makes: 1 pizza
PREP TIME5 - 10 min
COOK TIME15 min
TOTAL TIME25 min
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- ½ white onion, diced
- 1 ½ cups pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup cheddar
- 1 lb. fresh pizza dough
- Yellow mustard
- Olive oil
- Preheat pizza stone on grill at medium-high, with the lid closed.
- Cook ground beef and onions in a large skillet until done. Drain and set aside.
- Roll out pizza dough on a floured surface, ideally a large cutting board or pizza spatula.
- Brush top of dough with olive oil; layer with pizza sauce, ground beef and onions, mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, and then top with pickles.
- Slide the assembled pizza carefully on to the hot pizza stone.
- Grill covered on medium high heat for 10-15 minutes until crust is crisp and cheese is melted.
- Remove from grill, slice and serve with ketchup and mustard.