This grilled pork chop glaze brings together apple cider and bourbon for a sweet and hearty meal. Try these apple bourbon pork chops the next time you're looking for the meal perfect for fall grilling.
PORK CHOP INGREDIENTS
- 6 bone-in pork chops
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 14 oz. apple cider
- 1 cup bourbon
- 4 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. paprika
- Plus 1 apple, cored and thinly sliced into wedges or rounds for topping
- To prepare the pork chops, mix brown sugar, sea salt, pepper and garlic powder together in a bowl. Brush pork chops with olive oil, and rub the mixture onto both sides of each chop. Place in a container and refrigerate, ideally overnight.
- To make the glaze, stir together all ingredients in a saucepan, bringing to a boil over high heat. Reduce to medium heat and simmer the mixture for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it has thickened.
- Grill the pork chops over medium-high heat, covered, for 6-7 minutes per side or until almost done.
- Brush the glaze onto both sides of each chop, and grill, covered, another 2-3 minutes.
- While pork chops finish grilling, place apple wedges on grate or in grill basket and cook until just soft. Serve over top of pork chops.